Holy Cross Catholic Church in downtown Columbus, OH has a great history that our group should be aware of as this is somewhat our second home as we spend 12 days or approximately 48 hours of the year here in prayer, mass and Eucharistic Adoration! Click here for the history and website of the parish!
- Founded in 1838 formerly known as St. Remigius Catholic Church then renamed Holy Cross after the reconstruction of 1848.
- 800,000 bricks hold up the whole church
- Dedication date was January 19, 1848
- Not only is it the oldest Catholic Church, it is the oldest church in the city of Columbus
- Novena to Our Sorrowful Mother started in 1946 and still goes on through the present after the 11:30 AM Mass on First Fridays
- Home of the oldest First Friday Eucharistic Adoration in the Diocese (est. start is 1960s)